Food is the focal point of every party. It can make or break the way your guests perceive your party hosting skills. If you want to impress, make sure the table looks impressive, complete with items that will surely engage the senses. There are many ways to do that, starting with an ability to locate a catering service to provide you with everything you need, from recipes to buffet table styling that can wow everyone.
It is not always a requirement that you cook all the food at the table. For example, you can call for canapes delivery service in Dubai or other places to help you serve the tastiest dishes that will keep your guest’s tummies happy and satisfied. But you need to have an upper hand on how they will be laid out, according to your party theme and your other requirements. Take a cue from the following ideas:
- Be ready with a plan. The tasks involved in hosting a party can be exhausting, much more if you are not armed with a plan as you do them. But planning is the important first step you cannot skip. You need to plan out the details and all the nitty-gritty because that’s where you will pattern the elements of your food table.
- Consider the movements. Food drives people and without a starting point and ending point, there will only be chaos. Make sure that you plan out the movements of the crowd, giving them enough elbow room and some direction for a smooth flow. One bright idea to do this is to dedicate a specific spot for the beverages a few steps away from the food table. This will help spread out the crowd so they don’t gather up in just one place.
- Make the necessary arrangements. Nothing beats a neat-looking buffet table. And we have not started on the food yet. Make sure that all the elements are properly arranged. The plates, and probably table napkins, are the ones that should greet your guests at the starting point. The spoons, forks, knives, and glasses must be at the far end or better yet, already laid down at the table where the guests will be seated. If you do it otherwise, you will find your guests cramming with too many things on hand they will no longer have a free hand to pick up the food that they want. And this will surely irate them.
- Keep trash cans accessible. There will be more than one point in the course of the party where your guests will need to throw something in the trash. If they find nothing in sight, they are likely to litter the venue and you would not like it.
- Make the food arrangements strategic. Again, the key is to spread out everything across the entire buffet table. You are not expecting just a few people approaching the table at a time because they will come in herds, most definitely. At the same time, make sure that the arrangement is attractive and appetizing. Add dimension to your table setup through varying heights of serving platters that mix and match in an amazing way. You may also add a couple of other non-food elements at the table, including flower arrangements, vases, backdrops, candles, and other decorative features.
Setting up a buffet table can be tricky. But by using your creative mind, you will surely be able to put together a neat table that will impress your guests.